iOS Developer Intern
Dyne Technologies Inc. - Toronto, ON
Sep 2020 - Dec 2020
- Contributed to the development of the company’s flagship iOS application called Quicktab by participating in the development/maintenance of new and existing features as well as debugging and testing of the application.
- Worked with the full-stack developers to ensure that the client-side functionality of the application will seamlessly work with the restaurant-side equivalent of the application.
- Work with the marketing team to discuss and make improvements in the Quicktab application’s user-interface based on field use and customer feedback.
Student Peer Tutor (Mobihelp)
George Brown College - Toronto, ON
Sep 2020 - Dec 2020
- Provided tutoring services to students enrolled in the T430 Mobile Application Development and Strategy program as well as with students enrolled in other programs that require tutoring services for Android and iOS application development courses.
- Provided mini-lectures and answered questions from students requiring assistance in their Work Integrated Project course (i.e., capstone project) for the T430 program.
- Created challenge questions with solutions to students enrolled in the T430 program.
- Challenge questions created are based on courses offered for the T430 program ranging from iOS and Android app development, front-end web development and React Native mobile app development.
Sr. Embedded Software Developer
Timex Group Canada, Inc. - Markham, ON
Apr 2014 - Dec 2018
- Designed and developed bare-metal firmware for digital and analog watches including advanced watch models that support sensors and wireless communication peripherals.
- Performed maintenance and improvements on the framework library used in digital and analog watch firmware developments by adding new features that can be used across different watch models.
- Evaluated new microcontrollers and sensors that may potentially be used in watch developments.
- Conducted and participated in code reviews with peers to ensure that the firmware code being developed is set according to the standards of the team.
- Developed PC or mobile-based applications that will be used to streamline or aid in the testing of the firmware being developed for a watch product.
Embedded Software Engineer
Salutron Hong Kong, Ltd. - Hong Kong SAR, China
Oct 2012 - Dec 2013
- Participated in the design and development of firmware for the company’s digital activity tracker watch products and participated in the firmware development of the optical heart rate sensor ASIC.
- Develop low-level driver firmware for external peripherals used during watch firmware development.
- Setup and maintain the Redmine software project management tool that was used by the Hong Kong team in firmware development.
Sr. Firmware Engineer
Nam Wah Watch Case Factory Ltd. - Shenzhen, China
Mar 2004 - Jun 2012
- Participated in the bare-metal firmware development (in a lead or member role) of digital sports and sensor-based watch or wearable device products for Timex.
- Developed low-level device drivers for sensors and peripherals that are used in wearable devices such as accelerometers, serial EEPROMs, compass magnetometer sensors, temperature sensors and heart rate sensors.
- Contributed in the development of a watch firmware framework library that will be used in digital watch software development for Timex watches running on 8-bit and 16-bit microcontrollers.
- Conduct peer code reviews with the software development team.
- Interface with the hardware and mechanical design teams when working on firmware for a watch product.
- Evaluate and participate in the selection of new sensors and microcontrollers that may be used in future watch product development.
- Provide training and guidance to junior members of the software development team by conducting lectures and providing technical assistance when necessary during project development.